Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Paranoia

I've been checking out what is bringing people to read this blog.

There are the expected visitors who find me via the links from two of my favorites sailing blogs, Zephyr and EVK4 bloglet.

Then there was a flurry of hits last Friday from a variety of domains. I assume that Proper Course must have been listed for a while on Next Blog or Recently Updated.

But most interesting to me is when a Google search finds one of my postings. Most of these searchers must be disappointed as they are clearly not looking for a relaxing read about some old geezer sailing his Laser. Usually they are a search for one of the more bizarre phrases in my blog. Such as "Where do flies go in the winter?" Or "female goosebumps". Boy, that guy must have been disappointed. A surprising number of the searches found a hit against one of the sundry items in my post about Bumper Stickers.

But the one that got me really worried was the one from the usdoj.gov domain that was searching for the phrase "So Many Christians So Few Lions". Now why is someone in the US Department of Justice looking for websites that have a slogan like that? Has the religious right infiltrated the Bush administration to an extent beyond our (and perhaps their) wildest dreams? Is there a secret team working in the basement of the D of J trying to hunt out people who dare make fun of religion? Did John Ashcroft really retire - or is he spearheading an undercover task force aimed at restoring Amerika to its true faith?

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

No comments:

Post a Comment