Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Velocitek S3

I've been thinking for a while that it would be cool to have a GPS unit that displays my current and maximum speed while sailing my Laser. (For practice only of course; I'm sure such a gizmo would be illegal when racing.)

I just found the ideal gadget: the Velociteck S3. No other fancy GPS features, just a simple large digit speedo.

PS. If any friends or family are reading this please don't buy me this for Xmas. There is a 30 day return policy and I want to buy it at a time of year when I can give it a real workout and return it if I don't like it.

2 comments:

Litoralis said...

I guess it would be useful for finding out the effect of different sail trim etc., but I suspect the actual speed numbers could be disappointing. You could always go with the low-tech Knot Stick for a cheaper toy.

Anonymous said...

Or you could tie some knots in a piece of string, throw it over the stern and time how many knots ran out in a fixed time.

Post a Comment