Thursday, June 12, 2008

Yet More Sailing Goals

I was eagerly anticipating what Zen would make of my Sailing Goals writing assignment. I was wondering... do Zen followers have goals, or are they mutually incompatible concepts? As usual Zen surprised me with his article on Goals 08'. It made me feel tired just reading about all of his short-term goals, not to mention the big one for 2011.

Pat is another one of those who thinks that "the whole notion of goals seems a bit too Type A" for the kind of sailing he enjoys. But then he reels off a whole list of sailing-goal-like-thingies even if one of them has to do with a hammock.

And then we have Jos who writes a fascinating blog Look to Windward about the Racing Rules of Sailing and has come up with what surely must win the prize for the most creative way to communicate on the issue of goals in Sailing toward a Goal? Hmmm. After reading it several times I'm still not sure what his goal is. I think he's just going around in circles.

There are still a few more days for you to contribute to this group writing project. I'd love to hear your take on this whole topic of sailing goals. You don't have to have a blog to participate. It doesn't have to be a long story. Surely you have at least one sailing goal? Full instructions are at Sailing Goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment