Thursday, December 11, 2008

More Sausages

OK. Back to real sailing today. No Rants on the Racing Rules for a while, as it seems that some of my regular readers don't like them. But I do have some more really cool photos of demolitions that I found on The Googler Image so I will have to return to the Demolition Series soon...

My 92nd Laser sail of the year was on Bristol Harbor last Friday afternoon. Winds were light and patchy so I didn't stray too far away from the beach. Didn't want to get becalmed and have to do that silly 'stand in front of the mast and waggle it about' trick to air row myself a mile or two back to my dolly against an ebbing tide.

Mainly I just did sausages in the top end of the harbor, using a keelboat named Althea that was moored near Bristol Yacht Club as the windward mark.

I like sausages. Yesterday for lunch I had bangers and mash at Aidan's Pub in Bristol. My grandson's name is Aidan. Pretty cool that he has his own pub already. I like pubs too. Life is good.

There you go 'regular readers who are repelled by racing rules rants'. Wasn't that fun?

10 comments:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Thanks! lol.

Having seen someone do exactly what you describe on their Laser in millpond-calm conditions for about 1 miles from shore made me smile... I was thankful it wasn't me! lol.

Your blog is your blog. Say whatever you want to say and however you want to say it. Don't feel obliged to keep us happy. your blog is about you. No worries. I was having an awful day yesterday!

Cyalayta
Mal :)

Anonymous said...

Nice post...

Things were getting way to serious around here.

Anonymoose.

The O'Sheas said...

For the record, I don't dislike the wonkishness, just as I don't dislike sorting the recycling every other Tuesday and putting out at the curb at the last minute. It's nice to do things for your family, however, it's nicer to eat pizza. Pizza with sausages is good, too.

Can you cram in 37 more sailing sessions to hit 129 by the end of the year? Or better yet, why not just put up three Polamalu fans and then a -36 next time you sail? The complex math would go well with the wonky sea-lawyer talk going on around here lately.

Tillerman said...

I just knew that sooner or later some dude would start drooling over the prospect of 129.

Maybe next year...

EVK4 said...

My nephew has a blog about Abe Froman, Sausage King of Chicago, going to China. It's not really about that but since he's technically violating all sorts of laws by blogging from within China, that's his cover.

The story of Abe Froman, Sausage King of Chicago, is a very odd one. Why did he never show up at that restaurant to claim his reservation? It's a great unanswered mystery.

O Docker said...

Sure, everyone talks about Abe Froman. Only the wise guys know what happened.

Sausage is a tough game.

In Chicago, somebody's always out to smoke your links. It ain't all linguica and limousines. One day you're lapping up the bubbly with Lincoln Park ladies, the next they're fishing you out of the lake. Abe was a smart sausage man, maybe too smart for his own good.

You live by the sausage, you die by the sausage.

Tillerman said...

I hear that Abe was Senate Candidate #6 on the Blagojevich tapes.

The O'Sheas said...

I just sputtered my leftover hamburger helper all over my hoodie while reading Eau-Dock-air's assessment of the high-stakes intrigue in the world of Chicago sausage peddling

JP said...

hmmmm sausages with mash - what a good idea. Will add to the shopping list

Tim Coleman said...

I like Lincolnshire sausages but Cumberland are good too.

Post a Comment