Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday Speedlinks

Three blog posts that caught my eye this week...

Pierre Jasmine wrote a terrific account of sailing in the recent Laser Masters' North American Championship 2009 off the coast of Carolina. He absolutely captures the essence of what Laser Masters sailing is all about.

The Twittering of Moby Dick. I have no idea why anyone would want to read Moby Dick in 140 character bites but, in case you are interested, it took 12,849 tweets, or about 45 Twitter posts per day for nine-and-a-half months. Hilarious.

And finally, Tweezerman at Earwigoagin was mystified by a word used by a sailing pro but explains it to the rest of us in jocular fashion at Pro Speak... Duh!

2 comments:

Peter A. Mello, Sea-Fever blog said...

Thanks for linking to our post on The Twittering of Moby-Dick. It's part of a new series we launched called Moby-Mondays with contributions coming from the great PowerMobyDick.com.

In case you and any of the Proper Course readers are twittering you lives away, you can follow us at http://twitter.com/petermello and http://twitter.com/powermobydick.

Proper Course always reminds me that I don't sail enough. Thanks!:-(

Tillerman said...

Thanks Peter. Actually Proper Course is my way of reminding myself that I don't sail enough.

Post a Comment