Saturday, June 27, 2009

Shelter from the Storm



Yes, sorry, another rain/thunder/storm song. But it's still the monsoon season here in New England. What next?

Actually this song is one I've been meaning to post for some time. It was on the first mix of "psych me up for sailing" songs that I made about 25 years ago on one of those quaint little audio cassette tape thingies. (Ask your grandma kiddies if you don't know what I'm talking about.) This recording was my favorite "get in the mood for heavy air Laser sailing in the rain" song. If I was driving to go sailing and the weather looked bloody awful I would fast forward the tape to this song and I would be in the mood to drive down the "road full of mud" to do battle with "men who are fighting to be warm" until I was "burned out from exhaustion" and "blown out on the trail".

OK. I know it sounds dopey but it worked for me.

What's your favorite "psych me up for sailing in the rain" song? I've a feeling we're going to need a few this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment