Wednesday, June 08, 2011

The End

And so our May group writing project Please Please Me (to write posts inspired by Beatles song title or lyrics) like the Beatles themselves lasted much longer than most people expected and surprised the world with many astonishing twists and turns. But all good things come to an end... just like the Beatles did.

I published a kind of interim wrap post, listing 28 entries, a few days ago I Should Have Known Better. I really should. Since then we have had 5 6 more entries...

Pandabonium, smiling his way through earthquakes and nuclear meltdowns and typhoons besetting his home in Japan this year, offers Blue Lido 14 to be sung to the tune of Yellow Submarine. Simply marvelous!

Mr Kindergarten has posted Twist and Shout, a delightful photo of a boat with one of those spinnaker contraptions (which as a Laser sailor I have never really understood) showing the spinnaker in one of those pretty shapes it makes when it gets twisted in the middle. I did that once when I was crewing on a keelboat and I do seem to remember there was a lot of shouting about my achievement. So Twist and Shout fits I guess. I am somewhat surprised that nobody wrote about spinnakers under the title of Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite. But then I never have understood spinnakers or the people who use them.

Baydog submitted his 17th (or thereabouts) entry with Hey Dude, a sweet little love song from a sailor to his local friendly jetskier. Heartwarming!

The amazingly prolific O Docker replied with some words of wisdom of his own about jetskiers in Drink Chablis. Touching!

And the Fool on the Hill was still pounding away on his keyboard apparently trying to break some record for most submissions by a blogger to his own group writing project. He still seems to be competing with that left coast blogger and his "pictures of ladies in bikinis with large fish on Fridays blog." The White Album has some pictures of a lady in a white bikini. She Came in Through the Bathroom Window has a picture of a lady in a bikini in a bathroom. But no fish! Pathetic!

So I guess that makes 33 34 entries. Is this a record? Who knows? Who cares?

Hope you had fun?

5 comments:

my2fish said...

when I saw the title "The End", I half wondered if you were wrapping up the Beatles project, and moving right into another musically themed writing project, this time based on The Doors.


WV: comebun ??

O Docker said...

This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end.

But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Tillerman said...

Hmmm. A group writing project based on Winston Churchill quotes perhaps?

Actually I do have a few more Beatles related posts bubbling around in that murky part of my mind that generates this nonsense.

Baydog said...

The Tillerman awoke before dawn
He put his hiking boots on
He took a banana from the fruit bowl and he walked on down the hall

Tillerman said...

Found my boat and grabbed my hat
Made the start in seconds flat
Hiked hard upwind and was beating that bloke
Bloody mast broke and I started to scream

I'd love to win just once....

Post a Comment