Thursday, June 09, 2011

Pumped


US Olympic hopeful in the 470 class, Amanda Clark, demonstrates the use of United States Sailing Team Alpha Graphics' (USSTAG's) secret weapon for sore muscles, the NormaTec Most Valuable Pump (USSTAGNTMVP) aka NORMA. Apparently, after the mainsheet block exploded in the first race at Sail for Gold in Weymouth yesterday, Amanda had to sheet directly from the boom in 20 knots, and she is using the USSTAGNTMVP to help her muscles recover faster.

Honestly. I couldn't make this stuff up.

5 comments:

Baydog said...

I guess it would help after raking leaves as well?

Tillerman said...

I guess so. Is "raking leaves" an Olympic sport yet? I was training pretty hard at it when I lived in NJ. And also at "shoveling snow" which I believe may be in the next winter Olympics as a demonstration sport.

Baydog said...

Shoveling snow certainly deserves to be a full-fledged Olympic sport. It's been around way longer than the Biathlon. And who follows the Biathlon anyway?

Tillerman said...

Maybe they could have a triathlon of lawn mowing, leaf raking and snow shoveling? Now there's a real mass participation sport for you!

Baydog said...

No need to hold the competition. I've already won the Gold!

Post a Comment