Saturday, September 15, 2012

Mr. Bush or Miss 43?


Dear Reader, I need your help with a most important decisions that I will need to take shortly...

Regular readers of my blog may have noticed that I have been keeping track of the number of days I have sailed my Laser this year with a graphic over there on the right in the sidebar. Click on the graphic and you will be taken to a page which lists all my daily sails with links to posts about them.


For example after 18 days sailing, I was using this image...



For 21 we had this one....




And #23 was this gentleman. Who else?




From 26 onwards I have been somewhat unimaginative, using photos of US presidents from #26 Theodore Roosevelt...





... all the way up to #39 Jimmy Carter which is on display as I write this post.



Some time in the next few weeks we will reach the landmark 43rd sail of the year. This always seems to excite some of my male readers ever since I first started reporting my days of sailing in this way back in 2008, although I can't imagine why 43 is such an exciting number to so many people.


The big decision is whether I should carry on the patriotic tradition of displaying the portraits of former US Presidents, in which case we would have a picture of... let me see... oh yes, Mr. George Walker Bush who was the 43rd President of the United States and served in this capacity from 2001 to 2009.




Or should I be boring and display the same tired old photo that I have been using for my 43rd sail every year that I have been counting my daily sails since 2008?

I don't suppose you even remember it. 

Here it is...




So please help me decide.

Mr. Bush or Miss 43?


37 comments:

bonnie said...

MISS 43!!!

Keep Reaching said...

I commented on the original post, inquiring as to what "43" referred to you and coyly said it must be the number of an athlete. OK, we will leave it at that.

If you can post Miss 43 and still concentrate on sailing session 44, then go for it.

Baydog said...

I know what Mojo would want, that's for sure! If you were to use a photo of W, a different one would be better. Nobody would want to be in the position he was in at that particular moment.

Tillerman said...

I'm sorry you don't like that photo of Mr. Bush, Baydog. It was, after all, taken at the most historic moment of his presidency and, speaking purely personally, is the one memory of the man that I am sure I will retain after all others have faded.

Keep Reaching said...

A historic moment indeed - continuing to read The Pet Goat with 6th graders after first hearing about the attack.

News and Verse said...

For little-boat plans
I'm willing to push:
The girl you've at hand's
Worth two Mr. Bush.

Center of Effort said...

miss 43 for sure.

Tillerman said...

Actually I think it was 2nd graders. The American education system may be lagging behind some other countries but I don't think it has sunk so low that The Pet Goat is now a required text in 6th grade.

It was indeed an historic moment. What went through Mr. Bush's mind in the 7 minutes he sat listening to The Pet Goat may have determined the course of American history both abroad and at home for the next 20 years at least.

Baydog said...

How abou this #43?

Baydog said...

about

O Docker said...

I'm voting for Miss 43, but only because I think she'd be better at drafting foreign policy than W was.

Tillerman said...

No

Tillerman said...

How is she on fiscal issues?

Mojo said...

Stimulative.

Tillerman said...

Is she in favor of quantitative easing?

Mojo said...

It's a bust.

JP said...

Maybe you could put it to a vote? I think we'd expect the answer to be Ms 43 unless the count was held in Florida with those hanging chads or whatever it was.

I'm more worried at the moment about who will be number 45

O Docker said...

Her fiscal policies clearly reflect recent trends in the investment banking community.

She seems to favor cloaking highly volatile assets in a more traditional-appearing wrapper.


Mojo said...

The real policy question is how we handle those two enormous entitlements.

And let's not forget Medicare and Social Security, either.

Tillerman said...

Good point JP. I could have a little mischief on that one I think.

Tillerman said...

Do you want to keep those "enormous entitlements" or hand one to Wall Street and replace the other with a voucher. That is the issue at stake in this election.

Mojo said...

Oh, you're talking about the election.

I thought we were discussing Miss 43's attributes. Personally, I wouldn't hand them off to anyone.

Tillerman said...

Totally agree Mojo. Keep your hands off Miss 43's entitlements, you Republicans.

Baydog said...

I was hoping he'd get involved in this one.

Mojo said...

Tillerman - Let them not be divided... I mean, let us not be divided.

I think we can agree that these worthy assets have bipartisan appeal.

Like many (especially male) voters, I plan to stay abreast of the debate about entitlements-- are they too large??

42nd said...

Hah, that's a good one!

44th said...

Call me, 42, Michelle thinks you may be drifting off-message again.

Willard said...

I love this blog. The teetees are the right height.

Mojo said...

If there is a 45 this year, I think it's safe to say it will be Romney. Otherwise, we have 44... again.

Tillerman said...

Joe Biden is a hearbeat away (as they say) from being #45. Romney is slipping in the polls right now but might still pull it out and be inaugurated as #45 in January 2013. Otherwise we are looking to the 2016 election to pick #45. There are rumors that Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton and Andrew Cuomo will run for the Democrats. Probably others too.

I have no idea who will run for the Republican nomination. Paul Ryan I guess. Ron Paul - doesn't he always? Chris Christie and Marco Rubio almost certainly will. Rick Santorum was 2nd in the 2012 primary so I suppose he will run too.

Hmmm.

Baydog said...

The piston engine goes boing boing boing boing,
but the Mazda goes Hmmm. Wait, where was I?

I think by then, Eli Manning may be testing the Presidential waters with his toes...

Baydog said...

And there's that #43 again.

Mojo said...

Yup, she's polling very well across (tailgate) party lines.

Bubba said...

Wooo, Pig, Sooie!!

44th said...

42, heel!!

Bubba said...

Does this cigar smell funny to you?

my2fish said...

what's tired and old about Ms 43? she seems pert and chipper to me.

Post a Comment