Monday, September 24, 2012

Where Was Tillerman?


My very wise readers have almost worked out all of the answers to Saturday's natural navigation quiz, so let me come clean and give you the exact answer to the location of Saturday's photo.

Tillerwoman and I were at our niece's wedding at a country house wedding venue and conference center called Caer Lllan (marked A on the map) in the county of Monmouthshire in Wales. As you can see, it was a beautiful sunny day and the view to the SW was magnificent.

I was a little confused at first as to where we were looking, even though I know this area quite well. But having seen the topographical map now, I think the distant ridge must be the hills to the west of Cwmbran. This theory was confirmed by our observation of the lights of a large town in front of the ridge after dusk.

Anyone know where the best sailing clubs in this area are?


4 comments:

Mike said...

Chepstow and District Yacht Club

Chris Partridge said...

Its going to rain all week - curl up with a good book: http://rowingforpleasure.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/footnote-from-hbbr-thames-raid.html

O Docker said...

Llks llke a btfull pllce. I thnk mre pplle wulld llyve thre if nnt for the trriblle shrtage of vowells.

Tillerman said...

You are going to love my next post...

Post a Comment