Thursday, October 10, 2013

Duff Beer 64th Laser Sailing Day of 2013


"Duff Beer - Can't Get Enough of that Wonderful Duff."


Today I went for a practice sail by myself on the Sakonnet River, launching from Seapowet Beach.

I do that a lot these days.

I guess I like being an antisocial bastard.



I worked on some of the many faults that were pointed out to me by the coaches at Minorca Sailing.

I practiced run to run gybes and discovered a trick that prevented that awful "sheet caught round the transom" issue.

I practiced tacks and discovered how to finally get rid of that awful "triple clutch hand swap" issue.

I practiced simulated starts and discovered how to do that "acceleration when the boat to leeward has only given you about 6 inches of room to bear away" thingie.



All in all it was a very productive afternoon.

There weren't many other boats out on the Sakonnet on a dull, cloudy October afternoon.

I like it like that.



I would like to thank the sponsors of my 64th Laser sail of 2013, Duff Beer, brewers of Duff Stout - "the beer that made Ireland famous."


Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment