Friday, August 26, 2016

Sailing World - What Motivates RS Aero Early Adopters


I have been an avid reader of Sailing World magazine for as long as I can remember. But I don't think I have ever been featured in it before.

If you are not already a subscriber to Sailing World then head on down to your nearest source of top quality sailing magazines, buy the September/October issue, and check out the article EMBRACING BETTER by SW editor Dave Reed on page 14.

The article is all about Dave's experiences attending an RS Aero clinic and sailing in the RS Aero Atlantic Coasts in Newport back in July. In the first part of the article he writes about some of the other participants at the clinic, how they became Aero fanatics, their views on the Aero and so on. Regular readers of this blog may find some of the players somewhat familiar, especially the fellow who is described as a "prolific blogger of the Laser lifestyle."

But what I really like about the article is how Dave captures exactly the spirit of us early RS Aero adopters, and explains why we went out and bought a boat which was so new and where no fleets yet existed. He talks about our "fun first fleet second" attitude, about how we "saw a better boat and knew the soulful satisfaction it would bring" and how we are showing off our Aeros wherever we go "recruiting or converting one sailor at a time."

I couldn't have said it anywhere as well myself. I guess that's why Dave earns the big bucks as editor of Sailing World and I'm just a humble not-very-prolific-these days blogger.

Tomorrow I'm off to give a sailor of some other class his first sail in an RS Aero and see if I can make a convert of him.


2 comments:

JP said...

Woo hoo! The "prolific" & "lifestyle blogger" Tillerman trends in the MSM - Sassi would so approve!

Tillerman said...

I finally made the big time!

Post a Comment